Big Data is a name that has brought a huge fame along giving enormous career opportunities by being in great demand at many of the data management fields. Today everyone who is related to the technical field want to know what big data exactly is? Let us explore about Big Data, major technologies involving big data and the skills required becoming a Big Data Scientist.
Big Data: As the name imply Big Data represent a gigantic amount of data present in the world in the unstructured format. The large size of this data makes it difficult to handle and hence need a proper technique to do that. India receives this data from places like the stock market, Walmart, Facebook and many more.
With the increasing amount of data accumulation the techniques for the proper processing and organization of the big data is also evolving with a great speed. To manage or analyse this enormous amount of amorphous data the scientist has introduced a data management technique that is way stronger than the conventional technique of data processing.
Major Technologies Handling Big Data:
With the revolution of Big Data, many technologies have been grown to handle or process is enormous data.
- Hadoop: For the management of this data the big data scientists has evolved Big Data Hadoop. Hadoop is the most popular method particularly intended for the organization and treatment of Big Data. With this open source platform, one can easily take a strong grip over Big Data.
- Grid Computing: A unique type of scattered computing techniques, involving different computing sources across the world, carrying Big Data.
- Map-Reduce: Again a very popular technology designed to handle Big Data. Map-reduce is a fundamental framework for the Hadoop. With this Big Data Scientists can handle and can perform parallel distribution of the Big Data.
- In-memory Database: This one act as a main memory for the processing of the big data.
- Mandate knowledge of scripting languages like Python.
- Methodical knowledge of Hadoop.
- Knowledge of programming language, JAVA.
Knowledge of SQL, relational databases and data modelling.
As the data is getting bigger it is even bringing many of the career opportunities along with it.
- Big Data Analyst
- Big Data Scientist
- Big Data Manager
- Big Data Visualizer Big
- Data Solutions Architect
- Big Data Researcher
- Big Data Engineer
- Big Data Consultant