23rd AprilDuration:40 Hrs.Class Days:Weekend (Sat)Class Time (IST):10:00 AM ISTDurationClass DaysClass Time (IST)Enrollment
25th AprilDuration:40 Hrs.Class Days:Weekend (Sat)Class Time (IST):10:00 AM IST
What is PMP?
The Project Management Plan (PMP) Professional certification is a worldwide accepted credential offered by Project Management Institute (PMI). Currently the number of PMP certified professional is only 600K+ worldwide which is far less than the number of professional required for the Project management functions.
Who needs PMP Certification?
Any professional managing a small, medium or big size projects across the industry and sector should aim for the PMP credential. Hence a team lead, project lead, project manager or program manager are professionals who can go for the PMP certification.
Why PMP Professionals are in demand?
The statistical survey has found that 70 projects out of 100 fail due to lack of proper project management. Hence the project sponsor is more comfortable to put a certified project manager on a project assuming that someone who has devoted thousands of hours to understand the project management process has learned enough to ensure that the project will run on time and will finish within budget. Hence the PMP certified professionals have an edge in the competitive market and are in great demand.
Benefits of PMP Certification?
- Immediately useful for the practicing project manager to apply the knowledge and skills learned on their projects to make it successful.
- Increases the knowledge and skills of a practicing or aspiring to be a project manager or project lead in near future
- Increases the chance of getting a better job and salary.
- Enhances the confidence to carry out his work.
- Increases the chances of getting visibility and recognition in his/her work place.
Pre-requisite Education and Experience to apply for PMP:
PMP Certification Examination Facts:
- Test duration is of four hours
- Total questions 200. Out of 200, 25 questions are pre-release questions scattered across the questions for future release. These 25 questions are not scored.
- To pass the examination approximately 106 (out of 175) needs to be answered correctly. You get 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Multiple choice questions, select the best answer from the four choices.
- Examination is held in very limited Prometric Testing Centres in a given city. Hence plan and block your test date well in advance.
- The result grading for each of the five process groups are “Below Proficient”, “Moderately Proficient”, “Proficient”.
- The % of questions from each Process group:
PMP Exam Application :
PMP Certification Fee:
– What is PMBOK Guide?
– What is a project?
– What is Project Management?
– Portfolio management, Program management, Project management, Organizational Project management?
– Project management, Operation management & Organizational Strategy?
– Project Manager’s Role
Organizational Influence and Project Life Cycle:
– Org. Influence on project management
– Project Life cycle
Project Management Process:
– Process Interactions
– Process Groups
– Five process groups descriptions
– Role of Knowledge Area
Project Integration Management:
– Develop project charter
– Develop project management plan
– Direct and manage project work
– Monitor and control project work
– Perform Integrated change control
– Close project/phase
Project Scope Management:
– Plan scope management
– Collect requirement
– Define Scope
– Create WBS
– Validate Scope
– Control scope
Project Time Management:
– Plan Schedule management
– Define activities
– Sequence activities
– Estimate Activity Resources
– Estimate Activity Duration
– Develop Schedule
– Control Schedule
Project Cost Management:
– Plan cost management
– Estimate cost
– Determine budget
– Control costs
Project Quality Management:
– Plan Quality management
– Perform Quality Assurance
– Control Quality
Module - 5
Project human resources management
– Plan Human Resources management
– Acquire project team
– Develop project team
– Manage Project team
Project communication management
– Plan communication management
– Manage communication
– Control Communication
Module - 6
Project Risk management:
– Plan Risk management
– Identify Risk
– Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
– Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
– Plan Risk Responses
– Control Risks
Project procurement management
– Plan procurement management
– Conduct procurement
– Control procurement
– Close procurement
Module - 7
Project Stakeholder management:
– Identify stakeholders
– Plan stakeholders management
– Manage stakeholders Engagement
– Control stakeholders Engagement
Module - 8
– Application filling guidance
– Tips and tricks
– Exam preparation methods
– On the D-day preparations