The architecture of a Linux System consists of the following layers −
- Hardware layer
- Kernel − It is the core component of Operating System
- Shell − The shell takes commands from the user and executes kernel functions.
- Utilities − Utility programs that provide the user most of the functionalities.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPILER AND INTREPRETER
A compiler is a computer program that transforms code written in a high-level programming language into the machine code.
An interpreter is a computer program, which coverts each high-level program statement into the machine code.
- Compiler transforms code written in a high-level programming language into the machine code, at once, before program runs,
- Compiled code runs faster while interpreted code runs slower.
- Compiler displays all errors after compilation, on the other hand.
- The interpreter converts the source code line-by-line during RUN Time.
- Interpret completely translates a program written in a high-level language into machine level language.
- Relatively less time spent for analyzing and processing the program